The Music Goes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A great place to blow off steam, and discuss your favourite bands.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Dog Fashion Disco

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fiction
Fiction
Admin
Admin

Dog Fashion Disco Empty
PostSubject: Dog Fashion Disco   Dog Fashion Disco Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 12:00 pm

Combining many different music styles (70's psychedelic, jazz, piano recital, circus music and vocals, among others) Dog Fashion Disco was primarily considered an avant-garde metal band. The band's lyrical content is often highly esoteric and satirical, with constant tongue-in-cheek references to the occult, drug use, and mutilation. A major influence on the band's sound was the California genre-defying act, Mr. Bungle.

They are often referred to as DFD and were originally called Hug the Retard, but changed their name to Dog Fashion Disco before releasing any material, as they felt the name Hug The Retard was too offensive and might cost them fans. Since establishing themselves as DFD, the band's sound has essentially remained the same despite the revolving door of various band members throughout the past decade.

Dog Fashion Disco have remained one of my favorite bands since I was about 15, and i'm 17 now. They're earlier stuff wasn't too experimental, had quite a lot of brutal riffage, and very dark themes. With the occasional Avant-esque thrown in with the picture, it was amazing to listen to and still is.

DFD Broken up in 2007, after they're 2006 Release Adultery, a concept album that tells the story of a single mans descent into a horrible story of murder, rape, and twisted roads. Sweet insanity (the video above) is one of my favorite DFD Songs, which the lyrics tell the tale, inviting us into the murderers mindset, and how he almost feels at "home" with his insanity.
Back to top Go down
http://www.themusicgoes.com

Dog Fashion Disco

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Music Goes :: Music :: Music Corner :: Experimental-
Jump to:  

Headbangers Haven 
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com