The Music Goes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A great place to blow off steam, and discuss your favourite bands.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Discuss: Impacts of youtube on music playing.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fiction
Fiction
Admin
Admin

Discuss: Impacts of youtube on music playing. Empty
PostSubject: Discuss: Impacts of youtube on music playing.   Discuss: Impacts of youtube on music playing. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 6:37 am

Since youtube first started, it slowly gained popularity. Especially to musicians, an easy way to find new music, watch music videos, live performances and even lessons are now on there. The ease to simply go to youtube and search "sweep picking lesson" or whatnot and watch a simple 4 minute clip of someone explaining techniques and most of the times they will add tabs for their lessons in the description bar.

Has youtube impacted your playing or have you kept to the books and a music teacher, personally i haven't really had many guitar lessons, my first teacher used to teach me to play simple songs and chords, while I taught him lead lines and licks which was really not too great. So I had 6 months with an average guitarist and now I teach myself using online sites, youtube, tabs, guitar pro etc.

I plan on getting lessons from a well known music institute in town soon, just working out all my finances for the time being before I throw $25 for half hour lessons. Youtube videos definitely help me with some of the practical sides of things, but its hard to get some techniques down through a video and would prefer one on one teaching for that, and I find it hard to teach myself theory as I have no guidance or place to start, I've taught myself the basics and reading music (at a slow pace) and am wanting to really expand my knowledge of theory, and personally don't think youtube can convey that personal connection and convey that kind of knowledge, with all the distractions along with a computer.

Back to top Go down
http://www.themusicgoes.com

Yehya
Bedroom Gigger
Bedroom Gigger

PostSubject: Re: Discuss: Impacts of youtube on music playing.   Discuss: Impacts of youtube on music playing. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 2:49 pm

i used to use youtube in the past to help me with my guitar... rarely use youtube for that purpose anymore as i stopped using my guitar

i learned from youtube a few chords

a live instructor can definitely be better but not if he is unaffordable
Back to top Go down
Fiction
Fiction
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Discuss: Impacts of youtube on music playing.   Discuss: Impacts of youtube on music playing. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 2:54 pm

Yeah youtube has definitely helped me progress on the basis of I have no money haha, but as soon as I can afford to get proper guitar tuition i'll jump right on that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.themusicgoes.com

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discuss: Impacts of youtube on music playing.   Discuss: Impacts of youtube on music playing. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Discuss: Impacts of youtube on music playing.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top