A great place to blow off steam, and discuss your favourite bands.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Here to Rock Out!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

GuitarSplat
Bedroom Gigger
Bedroom Gigger

PostSubject: Here to Rock Out!   Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:13 pm

Hey everyone, whats up?

Im going to college and majoring in the guitar. Im getting my bachelors of arts in music.
I've been playing the guitar for 8yrs now...practice 1.5-2hrs everyday and I know lots of theory so if you ever have questions about guitar playing or theory, I'll be here to help!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fiction
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here to Rock Out!   Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:05 am

Hey guitarsplat!

Are you planning on becoming a session musician? For now I'm just going to keep at my practice, I have a 2 hour practice schedule which includes theory and playing scaled. And then i usually play for an extra hour just my hsc pieces for school and other songs.

I lack a lot of knowledge in theory unfortunately but im trying to turn that around and I'm really focusing on that now.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.themusicgoes.com

GuitarSplat
Bedroom Gigger
Bedroom Gigger

PostSubject: Re: Here to Rock Out!   Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:24 am

Hey man,

great to hear you want to broaden your theory knowledge! every musician should know their theory! You will become a way better all around player if you know your theory, it will really help your playing! That goes for any instrument, not just the guitar.

With my schooling I have some options that I can do after I get my degree....I can be a professional musician (which is what I mostly want...I already have my band.)
I can be a music teacher at a school or a music studio, or I can be a music leader at a church.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fiction
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here to Rock Out!   Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:45 am

Ahk, I was thinking of doing an arts degree for music, but just not sure about the possibilities it gives me. I'd love to do it just so I can have formal training in music and have a great knowledge of it.

At the moment, I usually play 2 hours a day. But just last week I actually properly set up a schedule cause I want to get really serious about my playing and technique, which includes an hour of theory stuff, and the rest techniques and playing.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.themusicgoes.com
Pivetor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Here to Rock Out!   Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:47 am

Welcome to TMG i hope you enjoy your stay :}
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here to Rock Out!   

Back to top Go down

Here to Rock Out!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Music Goes :: General :: Introduce Yourself!-
Jump to:  

Headbangers Haven 
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com